Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Booked!


After weeks of wrangling and planning, my July trip to London and Paris with Sam is now officially booked! I have to admit to feeling a bit ambivalent - thrilled at the opportunity to explore two great cities with my grown daughter, but sad (and a little guilty) that we have to leave the rest of the family behind. The trip is to celebrate Sam's graduation - which happens to be taking place tomorrow.

None of the details are worked out yet, but this trip could not have come at a better time. Work is heinously stressful right now (layoffs and fighting over distribution of new responsibilities) so when things get bad, I can just close my eyes and picture Sam and strolling down some Parisienne side street, baguettes in hand.

Hmm....I guess I'd better go dig out those French CDs and brush up on my "not-even-remotely-fluent" French.

Counting the days...


No comments: