Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Liftoff to Paris - T Minus 1


As excited as I am about this imminent adventure, the WORST part of any trip is once the bags are packed and all that's left is the WAITING. That's when I start to obsess over what I haveuld have forgotten, etc. No good can come of it. It's better to just GO. But that won't happen until tomorrow afternoon.

The SECOND hardest part is trying to make sure that everything at home is as in order as it can be. Though leaving Tony is charge is absolutely the best case scenario, I still like to get things as organized as possible. Plus, Claire is playing the "I will miss you so much" card. Arg! So while I am eagerly anticipating what lies ahead, the "mom" part of me will be actively engaging the back of my brain - missing the four family members I am leaving behind.

Sam made me laugh today. I had to confess to her that despite my "refresher" French tapes, I find myself woefully inadequate in terms of my ability to actually converse in French within the confines of a real-life scenario. She didn't miss a beat and replied, "don't worry, I got ya Mama." I mentioned at dinner that she is going to HATE me constantly asking her to translate for me. She swears she'll be okay with it, as long as the person in question truly does not speak English. She objects only to being asked to speak French as a parlor trick for the sole amusement of her mother. Can't say as I blame her.

Sam and I will be tossed to the curb at Dulles at about 3:30pm tomorrow afternoon in anticipation of our 5:30pm flight to Charles DeGaulle. The waiting tomorrow will be excruciating. I'm going to try to get some work done until about 12 or 1, but I suspect that will be a losing venture.

Let's GO already!


1 comment:

Martha said...

You have been blogging quite a while....I am impressed!
Have a BLAST on your trip! And think of me in London! Do it ALL! Can't wait to read and relive our wonderful time through you!
Martha