Thursday, March 13, 2008

"It'll Grow Back"



At right is a photo of Claire as she sat in the hairdresser's chair, ready to donate ten inches of hair to "Locks of Love." I mentioned it to her about a year ago and she just latched onto the idea. She would mention it from time to time, but lately she really seemed READY to part with her hair for this great cause. I, on the other hand, found myself quite reluctant to part with her hair - probably because I never had great hair of my own. When I tried to make sure she understood that the hair would really be gone, she would always reply, "it'll grow back." Finally, I realized that I was preventing her from doing some good for someone else, and that that was totally unfair. So I finally gave in and made the appointment.


Here's a photo of Claire AFTER the cut. She has a surprising amount of hair left, but it's still going to be dicey trying to get a bun in her hair for ballet for a while! In any case, I'm really proud of her for doing something so selfless and can't help but think about how thrilled some boy or girl will be to have Claire's wonderful hair!

No comments: