Sunday, July 6, 2008

A Little Validation


It's no secret to my family and friends that I am a certified photography freak. I enjoy taking pictures so much and I get such a thrill from taking a good one.


A few weeks ago I took part in The Washington's Post "First Day of Summer Photo Contest." It came at a great time because I was obsessing over medical issues (since resolved) and focusing on taking one good photo on June 20th was just the distraction I needed.
While in Canada, I was notified that my photo of Sydney (above) washing the car was named a semifinalist and it was just such a fantastic feeling. During the long (11 hour) drive home on Sunday, I got an email from Barb saying that my photo was in the print version of the paper that day. After that, we just couldn't get home fast enough for me to see my photo in The Post. A huge thrill for me.

No comments: