Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Obsessing Over Ballet

I have no clue why I have spent so much time obsessing over whether or not to move the girls from the former ballet school to a new one. Now that I've made the decision, it seems so obvious that this is the way things should have gone from the start.

The old school was great while the girls were small and they had three great years there. The perfect place for getting dressed up in princess outfits and learning ballet from someone as kind and compassionate as "The Sainted" Miss Barbara.

Now, however, I know it's time to move on and I've been just tickled with our new ballet "home" - Classical Ballet Academy. The summer classes have gone just amazingly well and the girls are really adjusting and getting a lot out of them.

Today I went and handed in the paperwork for the fall and I was truly touched when the office manager seemed truly excited about having Claire and Sydney there. She had told me that the school's director had been talking nonstop about Claire and that she "never does that." I can tell that she sees potential in Claire by the way she gives her a little extra attention during class. It doesn't hurt that Claire is just so into it and tries so hard at everything. I just have a great feeling knowing that she may take Claire under her wing and challenge her more than she's been challenged in the past. I am really looking forward to the fall.

No comments: