Saturday, January 31, 2009

Minute Maid Memories

Last week I was making dinner and the recipe (Baked Fruity Chicken - delish!) called for one can of Minute Maid orange juice concentrate.

I pulled the can out and sat it in the sink to thaw a bit before using it and suddenly a FLOOD of memories swept over me. I swear that EVERY morning of my early childhood, my dad sat out a can of Minute Maid orange juice concentrate on our counter to thaw before making that morning's batch of orange juice. 

I just have such a strong association of the product with a person. It makes me wonder if my children will associate a particular product with me. If so, there is no doubt in mind (particularly if the topic is "breakfast foods") that the obvious choice will be Mom=Frosted Cheerios. I eat them every morning, shamelessly!

No comments: