Monday, October 27, 2008

Almost 4:30 Update

I just got kicked out again. Huey is getting himself positively spiffed up in my absence - they're cleaning him up, changing his gown and changing all his bedding. I doubt he'll enjoy it much, though.

He continues to regain some consciousness. When he seems somewhat awake I can ask a question and he can either shake his head or squeeze my hand. I still swear he's trying to tell me something, but now I think it's "go home." I'm sure he means it in the nicest possible way.

He's still doing a bit of minor thrashing (sort of in slow motion) and keeps getting his feet out of the foot restraints. I want to say to the nurses, "did I mention he's a magician?"

He still has the breathing tube but they've switched the "mode" and now all his breathing is on his own. He's doing well with that, so I'm really hoping they'll get that damned tube out soon. I just want to be able to have some decent form of communication with him before I have to leave tonight.

Remy continues to be wonderful and even sings a little as she goes from tubes to computer to IVs and back again. Everyone here is just so amazingly nice. One of the orderlies from Hugh's room saw me in the foyer and knocked on the glass to wave to me. They're just that friendly.

Wow. According to the clock I've been in this building for about 11 hours. But at least I get to go home tonight.

He continues to do well and seems to be improving.

No comments: