Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thursday 7pm Update

I have to admit I'm having just a little bit of "blog withdrawal." Can't believe I'm doing my first post at 7:14pm. It's hard to be so out of the information loop.

Anyway, I just spoke with mom, who spoke with Hugh after 6 this evening. The news remains good health-wise - he continues to do very well.

What came as a bit of a surprise is the news that after being discharged from the hospital, the doctor wants Hugh in a live-in rehab facility for an as yet unspecified period of time. They claim they've done what they can for him medically, but now he'll have to work to build up some strength and the only way to do that is through rehab. Apparently there are several live-in rehab centers that are within a ten-mile radius of Mom and Hugh's home in Hagerstown, but they'll have to see who has a bed available.

The crazy thing is that they're saying he could be moved as soon as tomorrow. However, Hugh really doesn't feel he's ready for it, so he'll lobby to stay until Monday. I suspect he'll be feeling a lot more confident with the extra time to heal over the weekend.

Our next update is due some time after 9am tomorrow after the doctor has come through and made his pronouncement about when is the right time for this move. Belinda - mom says she'll call you tomorrow since she won't have anything new to share until then.

That's all for now.

2 comments:

Belinda said...

I was having blog withdrawl myself, so I broke down and called Marlene. We were interrupted by other calls, so thanks for the latest info.

Belinda said...

Any word yet from Marlene? Is Hugh still at the hospital or was he transferred to Hagerstown?