Monday, October 27, 2008

Update #1

I just finished speaking with Dr. Gammi, who informs me that the surgery is complete and everything went as expected. They were able to do the mitral valve repair (as opposed to replacement - yay) and the single bypass.

Soon, I'll be leaving my little home away from home, aka "The Healing Garden," where I've been posted for almost five hours. My next stop with be the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit's waiting room on the sixth floor. I'm told I should be able to see Hugh at about 12:45. Dr. Gammi did warn that I shouldn't expect him to look like the person I know and love - due to swelling (which is normal) and the ventilator, etc. It'll just be good to see him breathing. I was also told that they hope to have the breathing tube removed later this afternoon. I'm crossing my fingers for that.

No comments: