Monday, November 17, 2008

The Land of the Upright

I gotta say, it's good to be back. Beginning Saturday evening and not really improving until this morning, I was suffering (literally) from the same stomach virus that flattened Tony in the middle of last week. If I posted a photo with this entry, it would be the view from my bed - which I did not leave for over 36 hours - other than to stumble to the restroom. I know - too much information. Anyway, today I am upright and actually out of my room. These episodes always cause me to ponder how much much I take just feeling healthy for granted. It just feels so excellent to be showered and amongst my people again. 

I took advantage of the extra day at home (decided it was best not to go to work until I could walk more than ten paces without ensuing dizziness) by nearly completing this year's holiday newsletter extravaganza. It is always a huge project, never seems to occur without serious technical difficulties, and yet I enjoy doing it - and always appreciate having it afterwards. They tend to be a good way to review each year as the years pass. 

It's impossible not to compile the stories of the year without realizing how quickly the year has sped by and to marvel at how much my four children have grown and changed just this year alone. Another excellent reminder to enjoy each day - particularly when you're not feeling deathly ill!

1 comment:

Belinda said...

Glad to hear your feeling better. We sure do look forward to your annual newsletter. It's one of our highlights during the holidays!