Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Reunited

Although I would give my right arm to have photos, I'll have to make do with my mental image of Mom and Hugh being reunited at Homewood this morning. Mom was busily filling out mounds of paperwork when the word came that Hugh had arrived. He was all atwitter that she wasn't right there and began making several frantic calls. Fortunately, he didn't have long to wait and apparently their reunion was so touching that several of the Homewood employee were in tears. 

More good news: Hugh has been enjoying greatly improved food service AND TV whenever he damn well pleases. (Though thankfully he was able to see the Steelers game last night - thank you Lord for letting them win.)

So, everyone should have a great mental image of Hugh settling in to his new digs - a mere five minutes from home. The current plan is that he'll be there for about 20 days - but that time period will emcompass both the general rehab AND the cardio rehab. So when he's sprung, he'll be able to resume a fairly normal existence - though hopefully better with improved heart functionality. 

I plan to go see him on Sunday (I have a work confernce to attend on Saturday - in BALTIMORE!! GAH!!) But I'll keep everyone apprised of any updates I receive between now and then.

What a difference a week makes!

No comments: