Saturday, November 8, 2008

A Small World

As part of my illustrious job as ITEA's Editor-in-Chief, I was asked to attend the SWE (Society of Women Engineers) Conference in Baltimore for a two-hour show and tell of ITEA's resources and materials. It was relatively painless as these events go, but it took a big and much-resented portion of my Saturday away. Not to mention the fact that, of all places to have to go, there was I was on that stinking road to Baltimore yet again. 

When I got home, there was a message from my dear brother Steven. He mentioned that he and Terry were on their way home from Baltimore. So when I called him back, I asked where they had been. He said that Terry was attending a job fair. I asked a few more questions before we came to the realization that her job fair was part of the exact same SWE Conference I had been attending! 

Tomorrow we'll visit Hugh in shifts - I'll go early, around 10 and then take some lunch to Mom. Hopefully Steven will join us and then go visit Hugh in the afternoon. Gosh - I'd better find out what time the Steelers play - we wouldn't want anyone cutting into his football time.

Mom says that he's really turning the corner and getting very comfortable at Homewood. He continues to really like the nurses and LOVE the food. They're keeping him busy, but apparently she's glad we're going to see him tomorrow because without therapy on the weekends, he can get a bit bored. 

Unfortunately, Mom's back is still not quite recovered yet, so she's not been able to visit him. She hopes to make it back early next week. 

I made it back from Baltimore in time to catch a portion of Claire's Nutcracker rehearsal. She had SUCH a great time at the rehearsal - both learning her part as the Little Chinese Doll and watching the older girls, who are AMAZING. She was just delighted to be a part of it. She's been going to Bon Bon rehearsals for almost a month, but as a Bon Bon understudy, she didn't get to do too much. I still laugh at the phrase, "Bon Bon understudy." Imagine putting THAT on your dance resume. 

Here's a link to information about the performances:


No comments: