Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Thru the "Ages"

This is my third post today, but something happened that I could not resist sharing.

As Tony pulled our Thanksgiving turkey out of the refrigerator to prep it, he let each of the girls hold it for a second. 

That triggered a memory for me and I jokingly told him to pose with the girls, as you can see at the far right. Without even taking a "refresher" look at the photo on the left, here's how close I got!

I then had to pull out the old photo, circa 1968, which will go down in family lore as one of our most embarrassing moments. My mother, brother, and I were stopped by a newspaper photographer in our local grocery store and asked to "pose" with a turkey. Among many other things, Steven and I still whine about the fact that we didn't even GET the damned turkey. 

And yes, my mother was a big fan of short hair. On girls.

No comments: