Monday, December 24, 2007

Friends Reunited





Sometimes your extended family may not be QUITE what you'd bargained for. Somehow that is easier to deal with when you've got amazing friends who more than make up for all those family issues. In fact, they are more like family themselves.


Today Velvet and Isa came to visit. We miss them so much while they're away, but we always seem to be able to pick up RIGHT where we left off.


Isa is growing into such a beautiful little girl and it's just such a treat to see her playing so avidly with Claire and Sydney. The three of them seem to have that same ability to pick things right back up.


Talking to Velvet is such a big treat for me too. No one "gets" me the way she does and I think it's more than our shared history. She just knows me better than any of my other friends and manages to feel exactly the same way I do about so many things.


One more thing I am grateful for this Christmas: amazing friends like Velvet and Isa.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ok, this almost made me cry! I can't believe you just now got around to sharing your blog with me. We miss you guys too!