Monday, December 17, 2007

The Wii Hours



Okay, I admit it...I'm a Wii addict. Especially Wii tennis - I'll just never get over how much it feels like you're actually playing. I guess I miss tennis more than I thought. So imagine my distress on Saturday when ours went kaput and promises of repairs were stretching into January. I was really struggling with the fact that several Christmas gifts were now ruined and that I had these wonderful visions of the entire family playing together over the break.

Fortunately, Tony is just as nuts as I am, so we both went out in the "Wii hours" of Sunday morning - he to Best Buy and me to Target to try to score at least one unit. I have to say that despite my initial hesitation, the experience was one of the highlights of my weekend. There is something about standing outside in the cold, knowing that the reason is entirely stupid, that brings people together. I had the good fortune of spending two hours with three other people, who by the end of the wait, felt like friends. Don't know if it was the shared misery or the lack of sleep, but standing in line in front of Target in the dark for two hours was a blast. AND I got a Wii! Since Tony got one as well, we've decided to sell the second and make a few extra dollars for the Jinzhoutou School in China.

I have to say that despite feeling a bit sheepish over the silliness of such a pursuit, I was a little lighter of heart yesterday. Just looking for the silver lining lately.

No comments: