Thursday, December 6, 2007

Two-Hour Delay











I sound so old when I say this but, boy, times have changed. When I was a kid you found out about a two-hour delay the old-fashioned way: you got up at the crack of dawn and started watching TV or listening to the radio. This morning, my cell phone received an automatic text message promptly at 5am, informing me of the delay. Even though I did not appreciate being woken up, the technology lover in me couldn't help but think that was pretty cool.

So, while I trundle off to work at 8:15, the rest of the family will get off to a somehow slower start. No one is more appreciative than Sam, who loves going to school late more than anything - and often "makes" her own late days.

Claire, on the other hand, was already up, dressed, and eating her breakfast when I came down after showering. I've recently given her permission to come down by herself in the morning (so long as it is past 7am). She is relishing this new independence and takes it very seriously, following her guidelines to the letter.

The snow is very pretty outside and I wish I could just stay here and try to photograph it. Instead, I'll bring my camera with me and hope for something decent while waiting at any number of stoplights!
Today's photos are: Sam heading out for her very first ice-scaping experience with her new Ravens ice scraper; Sam trying, in vain, to open her car door, which was apparently frozen; and Claire "enjoying" her extra time this morning - by doing some extra math exercises!

No comments: